Monday, December 30, 2013

The Wait

I went in for my beta this morning.  Now I am home waiting for the call. 

DH was sweet this morning as he left for work.  Course his tenderness started me crying all over again.  He told me to do a good job today... but then he added, "we're going to be okay no matter, because we have each-other."  Very sweet.  I love him so much.

Yesterday I went to a luncheon hosted by my sister-in -law for her future daughter-in-law.  I was kind of dreading it because I know what happens when a group of ladies gets together... the talk eventually turns to babies and raising children.  Sure enough it did.  I could feel myself withering into my chair just dying to get out of there.  I was barely holding it together.

My SIL called me last night to apologize.  She regretted that the conversation had dwelled so long on baby talk and that it was like a runaway train that she didn't know how to stop. She could tell it affected me.  It was really nice of her to be sensitive to it and to call.  I appreciated it.  Sometimes when we're dwelling in our own pain we don't realize that others do see it too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment