Monday, December 16, 2013

Embryo Transfer

Today we went in for our embryo transfer.  Our hopes are high that this time it will work but I must say that I was much less emotional this time.  The procedure was uncomfortable and my doctor got me ready before the embryologist was ready so we were all just hanging out (especially my ladybits) with a catheter in me, and an ultrasound wand pushing on my full-bladdered abdomen while the doctor opened the door to his right and yelled into the lab that we were ready.  I just gripped DH's hand and stared at the ceiling.  Hello.

We put in one 5 day blast, the other six we're waiting on news of their development and then freeze.  Should know in a few days if we have any cryopreserved.  We started with 12 eggs and they inseminated 9.  7 fertilized and that is what has been growing over the weekend.  The superstar blast that we put in today looked the best.  Dr. didn't give me a grade but said it looked very good.

DH had a new job to get to after he took me home.  So I'm on bed-rest all day while he is at work.  I can't believe his first day ended up being today.  Otherwise he would have taken off and waited on me.  So I packed a lunch just like I was at work and kept it next to the bed.  I've been snacking all day.  Hopefully he gets home soon as I'm getting really hungry and am trying to avoid going downstairs to the kitchen. 

The 2ww is on.  Beta is Dec. 30.  At least the holidays and traveling will keep me busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment