Monday, December 9, 2013

It is Happening...

I am beginning this blog a few months behind the actual start of my donor egg journey, but nevertheless, I can always go back and fill you in on how I got to this point.  The real excitement has begun as my donor is getting close to her egg retrieval.  My nurse says it will be Wednesday and if all goes well a five day transfer for us will be next Monday, the 16th.  I am overjoyed that she has about 25 follicles since we are in a shared donor program with another recipient.  I am nervous because nothing has ever worked before, so why now?  We know we also have male factor infertility issues so when it all comes down to it, a new shiny egg from a donor may not be enough.  We may learn that even with ICSI my DH's sperm could be even more of an issue than we thought.  However, despite these concerns, I am hopeful.  It is the season of giving and I am so very grateful that this anonymous young woman is sharing this part of herself with complete strangers to help us conceive a child. Bless you my dear!

No comments:

Post a Comment