Friday, January 3, 2014

Year 42

Happy Birthday to me!

Today I am trying to focus on what I do have and not on what I don't have.  I am grateful for the gift of time... today we woke up to a snow day from school, so my birthday began perfectly with a chance to snuggle in and sleep a little longer and wake up to a beautiful snow-vista. 

I am grateful for my leisurely cup of coffee.  After two months of trying to get off of coffee in preparation for the embryo transfer... it took me less than 24 hours to enjoy my first cup after the news of our negative pregnancy test on Monday.  This morning I had a chance to really savor it.

I am thankful for the phone call this morning from a dear friend who also struggles with IF and who called to tell me that the flowers that were supposed to be delivered to me at school today will probably be sent to me Monday instead.

I am thankful for the phone call from my Dad this morning.  There is nothing better than the sound of his voice.  I am reminded by the recent death of a friend's father the day before Christmas and how she never will hear the sound of her father telling her happy birthday again.  I am so lucky.

I am thankful for the pajamas I received in the mail from my aunt yesterday from Victoria's Secret.  Who still receives pajamas from her aunt for her 42nd birthday?  I do.  And what I love even more is that they are size small and they still fit even after all of this progesterone bloat that is still attached to me.

I am thankful for the best husband, my spirit's mate, the love of my life who sent me flowers today, who made reservations for dinner tonight and who surprised me with diamond stud earrings this morning.  I was floored, especially when we could probably better use the money for debt and infertility treatments, but I am overjoyed.  I don't want to ever take them off. 

I graded this morning and now I am going to try to spend the afternoon working on some hobbies I enjoy, to make it a perfect day.  Thank you everyone for your love.  I am truly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment