Monday, January 13, 2014

Procrastination

So it has been two weeks since my negative beta test.  I've been meaning to email my nurse and find out about starting our FET cycle soon.  I haven't done it yet.  I keep writing it on my to-do list and just haven't.  I know I am procrastinating and I am trying to figure out why.   I know I want to ask about doing an endometrial biopsy which one of the women in my support group recommends.  After she had one done she got pregnant.  Apparently they scrape a bit off the inside of your uterus but it releases hormones that could help prepare for pregnancy.  Since I have never, ever been pregnant, I am about willing to try anything.  Just don't know if my doctor will agree.  Also, I am worried about a uterine fibroid that I have.  I know it got bigger between the summer when I did my mock cycle and this winter when I did my egg donor cycle.  Doctor again wasn't concerned but I tend to worry about things... I wonder if the medications will make it even bigger than before.  I have always thought that my fertility clinic is looking out for me, but lately I get this nagging feeling that maybe they aren't as much as I'd like them to be.  At what point should I return to my ob-gyn and ask what she thinks?  Also, I hate being the patient that acts like they know more than the doctor... "I read on the internet that...."

On another note, I still need to get this molar tooth replacement done and I am worried about getting it done during a pregnancy because of the medications.  I know it is safe, but the amount of drugs that I want during any procedure to numb the pain, I would assume would not be safe for my baby.

Part of me is procrastinating because I like knowing that I have the possibility of still having 2 healthy babies from our 2 frosties.  Once we do the frozen embryo transfer I'm afraid I will lose one or both of them.   I like knowing I have a family out there right now, even if they are on ice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment